Friday, February 10, 2006

So what if I stumble?

God used what Ps Julie spoke at the EJ288 meeting last wednesday to renew my mindset abt the fear of failing archi/ thesis/ going into archi profession... There was a new overcoming mindset that I took on by God's word.

It is funny, before that during all the time that i struggle with thesis and all my fear of inadequacy/ inability to design, it was like you knew God's word is there, but somehow you just can't have that victory. i believe not only i had that frustration of having sense of defeat, but the family of God whom I shared with also probably are wondering why was I not able to JUST embrace God's truth in victory over my thesis & all the fears.

Well, I do not know why it's such way too. I probably had slightly more faith in ministry than in thesis work.

But i guess everything has its timing in God. My heart now fills with gratitude for what God brought me through over the past 6 mths for thesis - the many various ways that i expressed "what if i stumble" regarding my thesis & my fear towards design/ my tutor - has now been turned over for the glory of God.

For all the painful struggles i've been through, i appreciate the love & grace of God even more brought out by the song below -

"What if I stumble, what if I fall? (what if i fail my thesis & failed to be a testimony)
What if I lose my step and I make fools of us all
Will the love continue? (lord i know your love wld continue...*tears)
When my walk becomes a crawl (Your grace wld be sufficient for me)
What if I stumble, and what if I fall?

Father please forgive me for I cannot compose (or coomunicate to crit panels, or coming out with design ideas & drawings)
The fear that lives or the rate at which it grows (& allow that fear to have its foothold in me & grab hold of me)
If struggle has a purpose on the narrow road you've carved
Why do I dread my trespasses" (MY GOODNESS, why on earth i did not realise that earlier?)

Do they see the fear in my eyes?
Are they so revealing?
This time I cannot disguise
All the doubt I'm feeling (ya... i doubted myself alot when i tried to design, wld i get to graduate at all)
You're up against a wall, it's about to fall (2 crits in 1 week & 2 months left to go)

I hear you whispering my name you say (thank you for sending the 'angel' to pray for me that day)
My love for you will never change never change (that in You i found my release, my sense of worth... SO WHAT if i stumble)

for all of you out there who's struggling & longing for victory over issues in your life - I know how you are feeling. God loves you even if you really stumbled. Don't be afraid to just do all the things you need to do. Start claiming your god-given victory with your mouth & take the actions to see that happening. Your Victory is on the way.
______________________________________

DC Talk - What If I Stumble
From the album Jesus Freak

Is this one for the people?
Is this one for the Lord?
Or do I simple serenade for things I must afford
You can jumble them together, my conflict still remains
For holiness is calling, in the midst of courting fame

Cause I see the trust in their eyes
Though the sky is falling
They need Your love in their lives
Compromise is calling

What if I stumble, what if I fall?
What if I lose my step and I make fools of us all
Will the love continue?
When my walk becomes a crawl
What if I stumble, and what if I fall?

What if I stumble, what if I fall?
You never turn in the heat of it all
What if I stumble, what if I fall...
Everyone's got to crawl when you know that

Father please forgive me for I cannot compose
The fear that lives or the rate at which it grows
If struggle has a purpose on the narrow road you've carved
Why do I dread my trespasses
Will I leave a deadly scar?

Do they see the fear in my eyes?
Are they so revealing?
This time I cannot disguise
All the doubt I'm feeling
You're up against a wall, it's about to fall

I hear you whispering my name you say
My love foryou will never change never change

What if I stumble?
What if I stumble?
What if I fall?
You never turn in the heat of it all
What if I stumble, what if I fall?
You are my comfort and my God.

Is this one for the people, is this one for the Lord?

No comments: