Thursday, February 09, 2006

reflection 8 feb 06

Christian faith is a process of our alignment and re-positioning to align to God’s blueprint of our lives. Each alignment and re-positioning can seem challenging (coming out of comfort zone & old habits), surrendering areas of weaknesses and securities to God.

Though the process could be painful at times, it IS growth.

At times, we get occupied or confused with the bolts, nuts and worry about the orientation of a particular brick wall of our lives, forgetting that the ultimate builder and architect of our lives is God Himself. Especially myself, I find sometimes I worry too much for God. And that makes me trying to be god (which of course only brings myself unnecessary distress & worries.)

Though I may not understand why God tells me to put certain brick certain way (e.g. all the little things He told me before about what I would do), I know that someday when I sit on the lap of God in front of His blueprints, He’ll be able to explain all that to me. All I need to do, is to just follow by faith the Spirit’s lead each step.

Sometimes we have such perfect expectations of spiritual family (parents, siblings, relatives) that we get disillusioned or disappointed when they ‘fail’ us – not realising that they too are sinners saved by grace, like us going through the process of daily sanctification.

YC’s sharing today is a good reminder to me that – it is the “stablility” (if I may add 2 words) “in growth” of the family environment & parents that help growth of the children, not the “perfect-ness” of the family members.

(Try follow perfect spiritual leaders/parents who could do everything? (this does not exist by the way)
Or living with family members who do not seek growth but happy to just be where they have always been?)

REALLY thank God and I am relieved for what YC shared – if not, none of us would never grow or have the excuse not to grow because NONE of us are really good enough for each other to grow. (e.g. Facing weakness of a family member require more growth in the area of agape love)

I really loved & respect YCYP for being the best parents they could be to me. I really thank God for them as they have not just loved me, cared for me but most importantly willingness to discipline me which is never an easy or enjoyable process for any party.

They are god-fearing couples who love God and willing to align themselves to God’s leading in their lives. It is not that they are all-perfect people. I believe they are worth following not just for the strengths in their faith (which I am very blessed to be learning under them) and (I believe they have) the willingness to work out their areas of weakness with Ps Eugene & Julie (though they may not share with us about it) – ie. willing to continually to align and re-align with God as God surfaced areas of their lives that required changes.

To me, I do not really get too bothered by the imperfections of spiritual leaders when I experience them because I do see their willingness to be humbled, they have a heart of submission & accountability, willing to be disciplined by the physical & spiritual authorities. I know that I am quite safe under them, as I am under the covering of God. If anything goes wrong, God’ll have to be responsible for them and me.

One other precious thing I think I caught from YC over the past 1 year is that:

His willingness to forgo his own areas of interests/ ministry (e.g. basketball) anytime to do whatever it takes to help Ps Eugene & Ps Khong succeed in what they are doing.

Ps Eugene asked him to take Japan, YC choose to win Japan by faith.

Ps Eugene asked him to do the internet things, YC took it up despite of many other hats he has to wear already.

Hypothetical situation but I have no doubt - that if ever Ps Khong asks YC to join him for MOL in USA as an actor and though it may not be what he’s strong in or what he likes to do, YC would probably drop everything including his beloved BBall ministry and go over to help SP. That is Faith and evidence of a life worth following and ‘safe’ to follow as he is aligned to SP and the calling of God through SP for FCBC.

This is possibly one powerful part of G12 vision – it works both upwards & downwards in 3 generations – the steadfast commitment to the spiritual relationships ordained by God and helps the spiritual grandfather succeed.

I remembered the dedication service of Expo last year – we released Ps Kong into the nations. I believed it is and should be a collective action from us at every level. In order for Ps Khong or even Ps Cesar to be a blessing to the nations, we need to from time to time re-align ourselves – and this requires at times, forgoing our habits, preferences & likings by faith – but before the difficult part is over, I know that the growth would be with us.

1 comment:

Belle said...

hi sis, this is for you:
http://www.joyfultoons.com/Pages/gallery11.html

see the last one.