Monday, June 12, 2006

Ba4 zhang3 & kimchi



counting down to the no. of days that I can go back to Taiwan...
I've always missed my grandma's homemade ba4 zhang3 (chinese duan1 wu3 jie2 glutinous rice dumpling (hokkien style))... it has a flavor that no other shop's ba4 zhang3 can replace...

this is a belated post, Ms Yeo was very sweet & thotful to give me a ba4 zhang3 that her mum made, it's nice... my 1st ba4 zhang3 for the year 2006. I had 1 fr her last yr as well... she was really thotful to remember tt im away fr home and do not have the luxury of eating this... it's yummy with all the ingredients for hokkien dumpling, but sadly it just does not have the touch of my grandma... sob...

maybe this trip back, shld get my grandma to impart me her skill of making this... know it's real troublesome to make and not easy to make it well... but, i'll try i guess, to make it a common fond memory with my grandma and not to lose such a precious family dish.

.........................................

had been watching Da4 Chang2 Jin1... and once at dinner recently, Lydia let me try the kimchi she made... WOW... it's like 惊为天人! it's very nice...and i made her tell me the recipe so i can try making... therefore, she became my shi1 fu4....

so here it is, my first try!!! with the help of one of my gals - Yanxia who's real gifted in cooking... we shared many common interest in cooking...

though i did get a few things cut in the wrong size and soaked for wrong timing, it still turned out pretty okay! hahaha



No comments: